The Dads of Great Students WATCH D.O.G.S. program is one of the nation’s largest and most respected school-based, family, and community engagement, organizations designed and developed by educators, experts and volunteers over more than two decades.
Our programs help provide positive male role models for students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important. Meanwhile, we provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security, reduce bullying and provide a greater sense of campus safety allowing students and teachers to focus on learning and instruction.
Who are Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)?
Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures serve on campus for one day (or many days!) each year under the leadership of a program coordinator and under the guidance of a school principal or designated administrator. Our program speaks directly to those care-givers and guardians who are statistically less likely to come onto campus to volunteer.
- YOU WILL BE ON YOUR FEET A LOT Wear good shoes. Totally not kidding here.
- YOU GET LUNCH FOR FREE Because you’re a volunteer for the day, you get a school lunch and can eat with your student. If you do not want to the school lunch, make preparations to bring a lunch please.
- GET READY TO RECESS Students will be excited to interact with you during recess. Some kids are professional level tether and gaga ballers - expect some intense Watch DOGS games!
- BRING A WATER BOTTLE Also not kidding. Take a refillable water bottle with you for after recess.
- KEEP YOUR PHONE IN YOUR POCKET - YOU WILL GET SOME BREAK TIMES Remember that phones are not allowed in classrooms. You will have some scheduled break times. Please be respectful of the teachers and other students and keep your phone on silent and put away while you’re around kids.
- YOU WILL HAVE AN AWESOME TIME Remember the kids are always looking up to you. It’s a great responsibility we have to be good role models while on campus. You may get asked to help with class projects, math problems, story time, or even kids that just need some extra attention that day. Enjoy your time, and help wherever and whenever possible.
That's it … Ready to give it a try? Click on the Mead Watch DOGS online Signup Calendar Button below and pick a day!