Find out how to register for school, keep your child healthy and safe, and learn about before and after school care.
Late or Absent
Please call our Safe Arrival Phone line at (425) 936-2631 if your student will be late or absent from school. Since elementary-aged children are dependent on adults to help them arrive at school on time each day, we would appreciate a commitment to getting all students here by 8:45 AM. If for some reason your student arrives late at school please walk them into the office so they can receive a late slip to hand into their respective teacher.
Student Drop Off and Pick Up
The school grounds can be a very busy area before and after school. Parking is difficult and traffic is congested during these times, so we highly recommend that your child walk to school, ride the school bus or get picked up from East Sammamish Park (ESP) located behind Mead Elementary.
- Attendance Policies 2018-2019 Regular and timely attendance is crucial for students to be successful at school. As a result, our school frequently monitors attendance to ensure that students do not miss valuable instruction time.
- Mead Parent Student Handbook 2018-2019 This Parent Student Handbook is intended to provide our families with the information needed to successfully prepare for a new school year.
- ALICE safety presentation
- Register Your Student for School School registration takes place at your neighborhood school. Students can attend a different school in the district if space is available – learn more. Students from outside the district can also attend our schools, if space is available. Instructions for how to do each of these processes are available.
- Mead Building Hours Building hours are 7:20 AM-3:50 PM
- Mead Safety Information for Parents Our most important focus at Mead is student safety. Please review the following requests to help keep our kids safe at Mead.
- Keeping Your Child Safe at School. Your child’s safety is very important to us. Learn more about what to do in an emergency and what your student’s school will do.
- Before and After School Care Some elementary schools provide before and/or after school care programs. Nonprofit organizations also provide programs before and/or after school at some elementary school sites. Learn when and where these programs are available.
- Parent Access FAQ's Parent Access is a District tool designed to help parents stay informed and engaged with their students' education. It allows parents to view their students' attendance and add money to a students’ lunch account.
- Volunteer Handbook Please refer to the Lake Washington School District Volunteer Handbook for volunteer process and procedures.
- Keeping Students Healthy Student health is a partnership with parents. It starts with immunizations before school attendance. We also need to know what medications your child may need to take during school hours and any allergies or other life-threatening conditions he or she may have. To keep all children healthy, learn how to determine if your child is too sick for school.
- Quest Information Timely information regarding the testing process for the Quest Program.
- Guidance & Counseling Program The Margaret Mead Elementary School's guidance and counseling program is a comprehensive framework of services that support and enhance student learning.
- Community Resources Services and organizations available to support students, parents and families in our community.
- Family Resources Mead Elementary desires for all students, regardless of background or financial abilities, to feel welcome and to be able to participate in all the activities and programs that we offer. There are several programs and opportunities throughout the year that provide support for families who are in need.